Monday, November 20, 2006
Gladiator Cup 2006 Finals
What: Gladiator Cup 2006 Finals
Where: Oberon's Warehouse, Filmore Street, Makati
Attendance: Clarence, Clemence, Patrick, Ricky, Oberon, Gelo, Romy, Garrick, Jun, Kuneho, Ross, Bobby P, Chris...
Grub: lotsa chicken, pork, pansit, beer, cox, pusit, barbecue
Armies on Parade:
Clarence - Galleria (High Elves - Northern Sea Guards)
Clemence - Galleria (Dark Elves)
Patrick - Southmall (Wood Elves)
Gelo - Makati (Orcs and Goblins)
Obi - Makati (Orcs and Goblins)
Ross - Makati/Galleria (The Empire)
Bobby - Makati (The Empire)
Chris - Southmall (Vampire Counts)
**Last Saturday, eight competitors who topped their respective cells (Makati, Galleria, and Southmall) faced against each other for the ultimate Glad Cup champion title!
I was immediately eliminated at the very first round when my first opponent was the craftily-made list of Clarence's Northern Sea Guards.
Clarence (High Elves) vs Obi (Orcs and Goblins)
2000pt - Pitched Battle
*My orcboyz barely made it to his shooting line because of the harassing giant eagles that prevented me marching while his repeater bolt throwers shoot gallore! At the end, he was able top secure a 1000pt win against me (Solid Victory) when I only killed a single giant eagle and made a squad of Elven Bowmen flee from battle while my greenskins were barbecued to pulp.
Result: Clarence won!
**The first round losers will still have a chance to vie for a Regiment Box of a core choice of our army. I was pitted against Clarence's bro, Clemence and his Dark Elves.
Clemence (Dark Elves) vs Obi (Orcs and Goblins)
2000pt - Pitched Battle
*The power of the Waaagh! made my orcboyz rush towards his battle lines but not without substantial damages. A regiment of Cold One Riders nearly decimated my right flank and the Elven Assasin Darkblade held a good two blocks of my regiment on the left flank to delay further advance. What casualties I made on the forward attack turned the battle into a stalemate, and the end result was a draw via a slight difference in Victory Points!
Clarence won the Glad Cup 2006 Championship.
Prize: Orcs and Goblins Battalion Box
*He refused the Tomb King Challenge from Oberon wherein he could win an Orcs and Goblins Army Deal boxed set to automatically bag home the Battalion Box.
Clemence won the sub tourney for the first rounds losers.
Prize: Regiment Box of a core slot of his choice.
*This was after defeating Gelo's Orcs and Goblins hoarde.
Gelo won the raffle.
Prize: Orcs and Goblins Army Deal
*One lucky git.
**Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to Oberon for hosting the entire event!!!
Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 3:03 PM
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
On the workbench: I was able to spraybomb the remaining Marines on foot that I assembled: several Marines in missile launcher, 4 tactical Marines, and a Lascannon Marine.
Latest games: Weekday Warrior Session 12
Weekday Warrior Session Twelve
Who's there: Jubay (falin), Kuneho (beefcake), Ako (obixvi), Romy (bataisip21), Justin (o'shavah)
Romyboo (Chaos SM: Emperor's Children) vs. Obidoo (SM: Dark Angels)
2000pts - Secure & Control Omega - 3 loot counters
- as usual, i got more foot troops than him laying down 3 tacsquads, 2 infiltrating sniper scout squads, 2 devsquads on the Escalating deployment. all of his foot squads (with sonic weaponries) on the other hand were infiltrated.
- the opening salvo was so so. i managed to decimate one flanking squad but one of his advance deployed aspiring champ was able to summon an early daemonette hoarde (12 of em) to munch on my forward tac and sniper squads.
- my chaplain-led assault squads and a squadron of tornadoes strategically arrived on the table just when i needed em to fend of his threats while IMHO his side of Escalation did not fare well: his three Defilers arrived one at a time, not maximizing their combined firepower; his second daemonette wave was a bit too late and off momentum; and his Daemon Prince forgot to cast its minor psychic powers.
- in the last turns, i believe the game could even be a draw, points per points. but i was able to secure one loot counter which is worth at least 600pts for the win.
Result: Obidoo wins.
Ian (Chaos SM: World Eaters) vs. Obidoo (SM: Dark Angels)
2000pts - Secure & Control Omega - 4 loot counters
- Ian tweaked his list a bit. 3x16(? or more) berzerker squads, all "congo-lined" from one end of the 6x4 table to the other.
- i was able to wither down the zerkers on my left flank before his bikes arrived to reinforce that side. before the sniper scouts and Marines on combat on that area fell though, my assault squads arrived to join the fray. the tough bikes held for some turns and i barely decimated em all before the Daemon Prince arrived to overrun that side with whats left of the left-flank zerker squad.
- on my right flank, i threw another assault squad to just contain the advance of the still full-complement berzerker squad threatening to outflank me from there. that held for quite some turns before finally overwhelming my Marines through sheer numbers. he captured a loot counter in that area.
- my middle components fared better, reducing his zerkers squad to non-contesting strength (my tornadoes entered there, reinforced by my vindicator). i was able to secure a loot counter in that area.
- to wrap up, we both have one loot counter but the sheer loss in my side won him the night via 700pts worth of VP.
Result: Kuneho wins (... with the bragging rights to thrashtalk me out until the next time we clash)
*Prior to these games, I was able to play against Jun's infamous Tau army in Hobby Haven, Katipunan. I won by a single objective marker! This and the results of the Weekday Warrior sessions were already recorded on my Game Statistics link.
Warhammer Fantasy Battles
On the workbench: I started cutting plasticards for my regiments' movement trays.
Latest games: I drew a match against Ross's Empire battalion for the Makati Cell - Gladiator Cup 2006. This game entitled me a seat to the eight-man slot of the finals to be held this coming Saturday. Price at stake is an Orcs and Goblins Army Deal! Yub yub!
Latest purchase: I've already paid the downpayment for a Battle of Skull Pass starter box. This includes lots of models from both Dwarves and Orcs & Goblins army with the new 7th edition rulebook and other gaming extras! Projected arrival of the order is early December.
Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 10:10 AM