Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Weekday Warrior Sessions and More
Weekday Session Number 9
Attendance: Romy, Obi, Kuneho
Recon Gamma - 2000pts
Ian (Chaos SM: Word Bearers) vs Obi (SM: Dark Angels)
- Ian deployed congo line to deny my chance at getting to his deployment zone
- first round of my shooting sucked bigtime because of Night Fight/Concealment
- luckily, the light of the Emperor shone upon us and denied Ian's frothing denizen to reach my firebases not only once but TWICE! wooot! (double one on the first difficult terrain check, and a two and a one on the second)
- two turns of delay on his part gave me enough time to riddle em corrupted Power Armors with blessed ammos... "to Kingdomcome traitors!"
- on the left flank, my Assault Squad was able to hold his other Zerker squad but with my HQ's laid to their deathbeds
- before the Greater Daemon and Daemon Prince totally ravaged that flank, I was able to decimate a squad of summoned Bloodletters
- in the final turn, it was an epic battle between the Daemon Prince and a squad of my Deathwing brethren wherein the latter was able to bog down his HQ leaving my Attack Bike and Land Speeder squadron free to "bading" move towards his deployment zone for the win
Result: Obi wins!
Weekday Warrior Session Ten
Attendance: Romy, Obi, Kuneho, Gelo, Jubay
Grub: Bigmac massacre, Holy Liniment - the One true beverage, le fries
Cleanse Gamma - 2000pts
Romy (Dark Eldars) vs Obi (SM: Dark Angels)
*with nowhere to hide, both forces deployed face to face in the open
*i got a: shooty army, open LOS to enemy, & 1st turn. that will pretty explain the ensuing carnage
*with the Haemonculus deploying the web portal, his assault forces arrived just in time to harrass my left flank
*with gifts of high dicerolls from the omniscient GW demigods, their posterboyz hath failed em not... holding the assault for sometime to give the other shooty components to mop up (i even rolled two jink saves on one go)
Result: Obi wins!!
Cleanse Omega (ulit!) - 2000pts
Ian (CSM: World Eaters) vs Obi (SM: Dark Angels)
*frothing for revenge, the traitor Marines rolled high on their berzerk moves. thanks to my infiltrating sniper Scouts, half of em were diverted to the right flank (moving to the closest enemy).
*the Bloodletters and the Chaos bikes arrived ominously early on the Escalating game. torn on where to focus dakkas on, i'd rather picked on the Bloodletters than the turbobooster (invul 3 save) bikes. the Bloodletters have eaten Imperial rounds for dinner before dissipating back to the Warp.
*then the inevitable. the bikes hit my left flank, and hit hard they did - chomping on my dev and tac squads congo lined on that side of the table.
*i was able to hold my right flank (bashing a Greater Daemon in the process) with my faster components (assault squads, HQ's on jump packs, speeders, tricycles) so basically from the original deployment the armies' bulk shifted counter clockwise.
*decisive last turns. my Vindicator finally arrived to instakill a Daemon Prince to kingdomcome. we both were able to contest one quarter each and his Dreadnought held against a powerfisted veteran sergeant for quite some turns to prevent me aqcuiring another quarter for the win.
Result: It's a DRAW!!
At this point, I was so so near in completing my intended 2000pts Dark Angels list. Over the last week, I was able to finish assemblying the following:
*8 Assault Marines (1 Veteran Sergeant in Powerfist & Combat Shield, 2 Marines in Plasma Pistol)
*2 metal Scout Snipers (completing my 2x6 Sniper Scouts squad with Missile Launcher scout)
*4 Bolter Marines (completing my 5-man Lascannon tactical squad)
Next in line is two of my jump pack Chaplains, one more 5-man Lascannon tactical squad, and the Whirlwind Battery Tank. I have all the materials needed except for one lascannon Marine. Hope to find one of em soon.
The Weekday Warrior games above were already reflected on my Battle Stats list. Just follow the link.
Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 10:13 AM