Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Army Lists

As to keep track of the armies and army lists that I have played with, I will update this entry from time to time.

Because my army lists vary according to the available models I have or the nature of the game I will play, I'll just showcase here the army lists that, in one way or another, have been significant on my gaming experience.

Updated as of: 7/25/2008

Click on the army names to view the actual list.
*****

Brothers of Death Chapter (2000 pts)

Army Type: Space Marines (Minor Divergence Chapter)

This is the army list that I've played with on the Kolat Cup last October 15. Contrary to what I commonly use to play - which is my Dark Angels - , this is a Codex-divergent vanilla list. Being unable to reach 2000 points by my miniatures alone during that time, I borrowed Abe's (Demomarines) Ultramarines models to boost my army composition. Using our combined figs, I came up with this army and capitalized on the trait "Honour your wargear" to stack up as much warm bodies as I could on the composition. This army is a mock up of De la Salle (Dark Angels' green) and Ateneo (Ultramarines' blue) teaming up. Hehe.

*****

Strike Force Phantom Wing - Glad Cup Config (2000 pts)

Army Type: Space Marines (Dark Angels Successor Chapter)

As of now, this is the most viable 2000pt Dark Angels list that I could muster with my miniatures, and so I'll be using this configuration for the month-long Gladiator Cup. My first game with this army was on last Wednesday (October 26).

*****

Thunderstorm Brigade (500 pts)

Army Type: Royal Cygnaran Army (Warmachine)

This is my current Warmachine army config. Headed by Major Darnell "Ohm" Atreides - Commander Adept Sebastian Nemo's loyal protégée and confidant, the theme of the army revolves around the Cygnarites' technological prowess in manipulating lightning current. And so, all of the models in this army, from warjacks to independent spellcasters, are capable of offensive electric attack.

*****

Kabal of the Jagged Blade - Oakwood Campaign Config (500 pts)

Army Type: Dark Eldars

This is my second 40K army and I'll be using it for the coming mini campaign here in Makati. It will be a break for me from using Space Marines armies since I started in the hobby. The campaign will be called "The Battle for Oakwood" and it'll be using the Rules of Engagement (ROE) scenarios. From previous experiences with ROE, I know that it'll be advantageous to have a mobile army; that's primarily why I will try to play Dark Eldars.

*****

Strike Force Phantom Wing - Glad Cup 2006 Config (2000 pts)

Army Type: Space Marines (Dark Angels Successor Chapter)

This list is my ideal competitive Dark Angels army. Ideally, I will be using this config for the upcoming Gladiator Cup 2006. A variation of this list substitutes a Vindicator to the Whirlwind for a more threatening firebase defense. I'm currently just a lascannon tactical squad away to complete this army.

*****

Death Disciples - 40K Grand Tournament 2008 Config (1750 pts)

Army Type: Space Marines (Minor Divergence Chapter)

Last hurrah for the Space Marines Codex before the new one for the incoming 5th Edition rules will come out. If ever, this is only the first time I will be able to play on a GT after having spent four years in the hobby already. This list is my typical static-firebase favorite.

*****

Deathwatch - 40K Grand Tournament 2012 (1500 pts)

Army Type: Space Marines (Primary), Dark Angels (Ally)

My first formal tournament using the 6th Edition rules. I used Codex: Space Marines as primary detachment and took Belial and his Deathwing terminators as allied contingent. It is noticeable that the list is heavy on Troops choices since most Missions on the tournament are objective based.

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 4:50 PM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!