Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Hobby Updates - July 2014

Some quick updates after another year of hobbying.

Warhammer 40K
I will probably park my 40K armies for this edition (7th Ed). I haven't actually bought a rulebook yet and the Orkz codex has just been released but did not tickle my fancy at all with what looks more like a nerf. Seventh has just become too complicated for me and I don't want to participate in the biggature arms race. I'll probably play casually but for sure it will be very seldom.

For my latest acquisitions, I got the following figs to augment my army:
  • 2 Storm Talons from Pat (painted)
  • 2 Vindicator upgrade kits
  • a box of Deathwing Knights



Warhammer Fantasy Battles
I finally gave in to my want of having an Ogre army and bought a second hand lot from Muymuy consisting of the following models. Really good deal!

  • 6 Ogre Bulls
  • 6 Ironguts
  • 4 Mournfang Riders
  • 4 Leadbelchers
  • 2 Ironblasters
  • 1 Slaughter Master
  • 1 Firebelly
  • 1 Gorger

I reinforced it by buying a box of Fenrisian wolves which I will use to proxy Sabretusks and a box of Ironguts for the extra bodies and bits. 

WIP of the first Bull i painted

I will call them the Black Meat tribe and they camp around the southern part of the Mountains of Mourn. Their Slaughter Master is an infamous cook amongst the Ogre tribes and with him is a devoted "acolyte", a Firebelly, who aids him in his cuisine of basically anything charred and burned crispy.


Warmachine/Hordes
I was able to dust off my Circle army and participate on this year's Steam Roller event held at the GIG HQ.

My list is an exact copy of my old list from the yonder years of Philippine WMH. I'm pretty much surprised that it still can perform well when pitted with the new MK2 rules.

  • Baldur Stonecleaver
  • 2 Wold Warden
  • Tharn Bloodtrackers
  • Wold Wyrd
  • Shifting Stones
  • Gatormen Posse
  • Swamp Gobbers
  • Lord of the Feast

First game was against Hessed's High Exemplar Kreoss list. I won by 3 objective points on an Incursion mission.

Second game was interesting. I won against Fred's Blackwater Congregation and our lists are each others' perfect foil. The mission is Outflank and I won by one objective point.

Third game was against Kenzei's Intercessor Kreoss and his cavalry cohort. It literally trampled over my list and I lose by 1 objective point in a Close Quarters mission. He will eventually win first place.

Last game was with Garrick's Butcher of Khardov in a Process of Elimination mission. I lose this one as well.

third round against Menoth

Not bad really for somebody who haven't played WMH for a year.


X-Wing
I participated on the latest X-wing tournament here in Manila, dubbed "Rebel Resurgence", using the list below and placed second to win a Bye on the upcoming Regionals.

  • Bounty Hunter (Gunner)
  • Carnor Jax (Push the Limit, Stealth)
  • Soontir Fel (Push the Limit)

third round against a Rebel swarm

I will write a more detailed report on a separate post.


Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 4:02 PM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!