Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Friday, June 26, 2009

Hobby Updates (June 26, 2009)

It's been so long since my last update and there are a LOT of things going on with my miniature hobbying!

WARMACHINE / Hoardes

* Sold my entire Cygnar Army. For now, what's left of my WARMACHINE models are a couple of Cygnar Lancer lightjacks, several Cygnaran warcasters, and some solos.
* What's left on my collection is my Circle Orboros army! Over the last months I was able to add several models into the fray... Gnarlhorn Satyr, additional Woldwarden, Woldwyrd, Warpwolves, and that pugly light beast I forgot the name.
* I basically stop working on my Orboros army for now while I wait out how the WARMACHINE rules-reset will affect the Hoardes gameplay. But I can't stop ogling at the spanky cool-looking new Orboros models!
* Extra Gatormen and my Wolves of Orboros squad is up for sale. Can't see any use for them right now.

Warhammer 40K

* My Orkz collection looks promising as I bolster them with stuffs from the Assault on Black Reach box which is the coolest starter box in Geedub's history so far. But, NO, I still haven't got the time to assemble and paint everything up. I'm still working on with my Dark Angels army.
* Added three new Razorbacks to my Dark Angels collection, complete with Forgeworld twin-linked heavy bolter turrets. I then "Dark Angel-sified" them with bits from the fully-loaded Ravenwing battalion box!

Dark Angels Vindicator - "Deific Fury"

PVC pipe turned Demolisher Cannon

Work in Progress

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 6:19 PM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!