Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Project Updates

I'm done painting the Stormblade Sergeant at last, and I already have an idea on how my color scheme should look on the Stormblades.

As I planned before, primary colors will be black, shining gold, and mithrill silver. For the boot straps and the waist cape button, I used liche purple then highlighted it with 2:1 liche purple and white. For the waist cape trims, I used regal blue then highlighted the raised surfaces with ultramarines blue. To separate cloth from armor, I highlighted the cloth parts (particularly the waist cape) with codex grey on the creases. On the cloth beneath the layers of armors, I used 2:1 black and codex grey then highlighted it with codex grey just to separate it from the jet black armor which I plan to highlight with regal blue and/or (not decided yet) wash it with blue ink.

For his face, I only have vague ideas how Kim pulled off such cooL work. It's sort of the centerpiece of that miniature. Thanks Kim for the face job!

For the halberd, I used brass for the cylindrical end and washed it with a very dilluted mix of black ink and water just to make it look antiquated. The rod on the other hand was painted boltgun metal then washed with again very dilluted black ink. Then, I highlighted the bevelled edges with mithrill silver. The actual blade and the storm chambers were different work altogether. The frame was left black and should be metal so I'm still undecided on how to highlight the metallic parts. The blades and the lightning conductors were done like the rod's sans the black ink wash. The blade tip was painted brass, then covered with burnished gold, then highlighted with mithrill silver.

The storm chambers were the hardest part of that weapon. I intend to have it look as if it really contains the electric charges that the Stormblade units were known to use. First layer was regal blue. Then from there I highlighted with 2:1 regal blue and ultramarine blue then equal parts of both color then 2:1 ultramarine blue and white then equal parts of both color then finally, white! Whew!

Now, I'm already starting painting two other Stormblades. I already primed both black and just applied primary coloring (brazen brass) for the gold parts.

I also asked my sister last night to prime a Space Marine in Lascannon black. Sloppy work I say. Awk!

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 10:31 AM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!