Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Monday, October 03, 2005

My First 2000 Point Game

I went to UP last Saturday for another build session with the IPMS guys... and err some ladies.

Instead of working with my figs though, I had a 2000 pt game against Arvin's all-infantry Iron Hands army. That served to test my "supposed" infantry-based Kolat Cup list. And yeah, I'll try to pull tricks using a vanilla Marines army for the tournament. That's the reason why I borrowed Demo's Ultramarines. With our joined minis, I was able to hoarde up to 60+ warm-blooded Marines in all for my planned list.

I was toying with the Chapter traits and deciding what would work well for a majority infantry list, and for last Saturday I tried using a "Notable Divergence" composition. Under the "Courageous" trait, I used "Seen but don't be seen" and "Trust your battle-brothers", giving my three 10-man tac squads the infiltrate and true grit skills. My major drawback was "Flesh over Steel" which will not be much of a disadvantage since I have 2 10-man dev squads as Heavy choices instead of using tanks. My dev squads were infiltrating too.

The thing is the last Saturday's game was an Escalating Engagement mission, and I havent got the chance to use my infiltrators. Much more, they have to slog it towards the enemy lines. I couldn't have just stood within my lines since all of Arvin's tac squads have heavy weapons and could afford to shoot me from a distance unlike mines which solely depended on infiltration and such was only packed with flamers and meltaguns. That's one thing I should keep in mind now... "do not rely on plan A... it's meant to be doomed". =)

Well, I lose but the game served its purpose very well. I should look for some other traits now to exploit.

*****

Before our game, Arvin was also able to defeat Paul's Ork Hoarde.

*****
Jun was working on this very cool looking Daemon.

*****

With fishballs, kikiam, and that bread and cheese just around the corner, I'm starting to really like the place

Sa Saturday ulit!

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 5:39 PM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!