Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Monday, October 17, 2005

Kolat Cup 2005

Here's the list I used for last Saturday's Kolat Cup.

Brothers of Death (Space Marines - Minor Divergence: "Honour your wargear")

Codicier in Jump Pack (force weapon & pistol) - Fury of the Ancients
2 Devastator Squads (4 missile launcher config)
3 Tactical Squads (2 8-man strong with lascannon-plasmagun, 1 with missile launcher-meltagun)
Attack Bike Squad (3-bike strong in heavy bolter)
Landspeeder Tornado Squad (2-landspeeder strong)
Assault Squad (9-man strong with Veteran Sergeant in power fist)
Vindicator
Predator Annihilator (lascannon sponsons)
Whirlwind (vengeance missiles)

Here are my matches:

1. Donnel - 13th Company Spacewolves
Mission: Patrol

I managed to hold his bikes and tactical squads at bay during the start of the battle by sheer fire power but his wolf pack (blood-thirsty as they fleet like hell!) and HQ choices were able to overwhelm my corner at the final turns. Result: Draw

2. Ian (Beefcake) - Imperial Guards
Mission: Escalating Engagement

My deployment roll sucked as my dev squads and tac squads dogpiled on the right flank! All for the taking of Ian's ordnance plates! Where's the Emperor when you need him?!? My assault squad rushed up the right flank to close against the Guards' armoured behemoth to no avail. A single demolisher cannon shot decimated my leaping squad to a single Veteran Sergeant! What's worse to boot was my day's badluck of rolls concentrated on that single game! How 'bout two AP rolls of 1 when all I needed is a two to at least glance his Sentinels as an example?? Anyway, it was my first try against a Guard army and I've had enough dose of lessons learned... do not underestimate the armoured fury of the Emperor's Hammer!! Result: Loser

3. Paul (Pork) - Orkz
Mission: Ambush

I played Attacker as it was most likely the most favorable part for my stand-and-shoot army. Besides, my Librarian's psychic power complimented the Attackers linnear deployment. As it was a Divided Force deployment for me, I halved my army into the fast group (mainly composed of my Fast choices) and the shooty group (composed of my tac squads and dev squads). Pork have chosen the fast group to deploy. The shooty group will deploy as Reserves. The first few turns sucked for me big time as his Battle Wagon turned invincible and zoomed towards the escape edge unharmed! At last by the middle of the game, I was able to decimate the humongous construct of scrap metal... mere 3-inches away to freedom! The trophy-studded Warbozz was able to get out of the wreck alive, clawing his way towards the escape route. Three war trukk zoomed in on the flank ignoring my Predator out for the hunt. Guided by their barbaric Orkk Godz perhaps, I only managed to destroy a single wartrukk as two of em kicked dirt towards liberty. The rest of the Orkz was out of the question as they barely reached my lines footslogging amidst holy bolter rounds and blessed Imperial ammunitions. Result: Draw

Lucky me, I was able to play against two of the best painted armies on the cup... Pork's and Donnell's. Such an inspiration to push me back to my painting works.

Congrats to Art (Omegatron) and his Iron Warriors for winning the cup bagging home PHP10K and a Forge World Dreadnought Drop Pod!

Congrats to Jun (Falin) and his neat Tau army for winning the Best Painted Army and a Forge World Deathwind Drop Pod!

Thanks goes to Arvin (CrispyBeefRibs) for organizing the game and Sir Lito (Oberon) for the uhmm... sumptuous treat!

Thanks, lastly, to Abe (Demomarines) for lending me his Ultramarines for the extra oomph to construct my army! Thanks dude!

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 12:28 PM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!