Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000 or simply Warhammer 40K is a miniature-based tabletop game. It involves building and painting your own miniature army and pit them against others' on a dioramic 6x4 or 4x4 feet table using a standardized set of game rules. Miniature armies come in various factions, from Imperial commandos to space-faring orks, each with its own background stories (what 40K players call "fluff") and combat units.

My army, a sub-faction of the Adeptus Astartes or the Space Marines, is of the so-called Dark Angels Chapter - one of thousands of regiments of bio-enhanced supersoldiers created by the Emperor of Man to impose his will throughout the grim universe of the 41st millennium.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes
The Dark Angels Chapter is first among legions of Space Marines bred by the Emperor from his own genetic imprints. Enhanced physiologically for combat operations, they are literally Angels of Death in the battlefield, sowing fear to anyone who dared oppose their mandate. Their homeworld, Caliban - now reduced to a barren asteroid after an epic battle against their traitorous Brothers - holds the Chapter's mobile fortress-monastery called the Tower of Angels. Here, deep within the labyrinthine pathways to the underground caverns, lies the key to their monastic nature. The Dark Angels hides a millenia-long secret that compromised their honor. It is with this reason that they and their Successor Chapters are called the Unforgiven.


The Workshop:

 

 

 
The Interrogator-Chaplain's Wargaming Sanctum

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dark Angels and Craftworld Iyanden

I lose a game against Jacob's Craftworld Iyanden Eldar army last Friday during the RHCG assembly. The game's for the Eldritch Campaign. 1500 points. Seek and Destroy - Omega Mission. Jacob did not have his Black Templar army that day so I pitted against his Eldar army instead.

It was just then that I learned that the Eldar's Wave Serpent can move and shoot during the Movement Phase of a battle. Besides, it was my first match against an Eldar army and I still have so much to learn on their Codex to battle against these mysterious foes.

Nice to see Roe on the General Meeting too. I'm looking forward to battle it out again with his Blood Angels. It has been already around six months since our last game and my army and tactical strategy back then was so far from mature. I wonder how will I fare against the cohorts of Chaplain Thematt this time.

Also that day, I was able to buy the new Space Marines Tactical Squad boxed set. At last! I was planning to get that one since last June. I got it for 2000PHP. I also purchased a bottle of Dark Angels Green in preparation on painting these Soldiers of Death.

****

Last weekend, I was able to continue painting the regular Deathwing Terminator I was finishing. Also, I have assembled and primed black my 8-man Assault Squad and a robed Sergeant. The robed Sergeant was armed with a dual-shaft chainsword inspired from Darth Maul's dual-phase lightsaber. I modelled it by simply attaching another chainsword shaft beneath the handle of the Sergeant's original chainsword. On the other hand, the 8-man Assault Squad has 2 Assault Marines in Plasma Pistol and a robed Veteran Sergeant in Power Fist and Combat Shields.

Inscribed by Interrogator-Chaplain Randel on 1:32 AM              

******************************************************************************

Never forgive! Never forget!